The MaM Babywearing Coat - the ideal companion for any sling or baby carrier
Now in its sixth season, the MaM Coat is a tried and tested solution for babywearing through the cooler (and wetter!) months. It is suitable for use during pregnancy, for front and back carries with all kinds of non-framed carriers and looks great without your little one on board.
Using a babywearing coat makes getting out and about so simple, just pop your baby in the sling, put the coat on and go. No need for snowsuits and raincovers, no problem with pushchair wheels in wet leaves or snow, and you know just exactly how hot or cold your baby is all the time.
The coat, including the insert-panel and adult wearer's hood which are both removable, is constructed from a double layer of high quality fleece, bonded to a breathable, waterproof membrane, with a wrinkle-resistant microfibre shell that only takes a quick machine wash to look great, no matter what the elements throw at it. The child's hood has the same microfibre and fleece, but no PUL to minimise any risk of overheating.
The patented design includes many innovative and sensible features:
- The panel includes a drawstring at the neck which is easily secured with the snap-fastening straps inside the coat prior to back-carrying so that the coat can be adjusted with sprung toggles to help keep the weather out or allow the child freedom of movement. Tightening when on the front also provides support to young and/or sleeping babies.
- The coat has adjustable elastic at the waist for shape definition and is flared at the hips to accommodate toddlers' feet!
- The patch pockets on the front have snap-fastening flaps, they are large enough to take on the basics for any trip out: purse or wallet, keys, phone, a spare nappy reducing the need for carrying a bag. An internal pocket provides that little bit more security.
- The MaM Coat comes with an integrated, removable fleece 'dickey' to cover the adult and child's neck and chest area, which would otherwise go unprotected from the elements. The adult's side can be adjusted with buttons. A hemp/cotton blend dickey is available as an accessory for those who prefer a more natural touch or a bit more stretch.
- The zips all open upwards from the bottom for greater range of movement for the adult wearer, and have a fabric flap on the inside for wind resistance.
- The sleeves have raglan style shoulders with wider sleeve openings for easy access in back carries, and straps on the sleeve ends which tighten with D-rings.
The child's cap-hood is a patented invention in its own right:
- The elastic at the nape of the neck, which keeps the hood snug while allowing for growth, is covered by the microfibre and fleece fabric, to ensure comfort.
- The child's chin area is protected by the straps which fasten with Aplix, which secures to itself but not to other fabrics. The straps also fold back on themselves to avoid snagging other items while in the washing machine.
- The height of the hood can be altered with a hidden strip of button elastic.
- The cap-hood is attached to the coat panel by oval buttons, it can also be worn separately.
- The hood comes with a fabric string which can be secured to the front of the coat to support the head of a sleeping child, it can also be completely removed from the hood.
MaM Coat tag/instruction leaflet
Machine washable, a must for hard-working outdoor clothing!
Sizing We have found over time that the sizes are quite generous, particularly for those with narrow shoulders. The table below is provided as a guide, if you are at all unsure about which size to choose, please contact us and we will do our best to help. (The MaM Coat is essentially a unisex garment, ladies' sizes are used here for ease.)
|MaM Coat size||XS||S||M||L||XL|
|UK Ladies size|| 6-8 ||10-12||14-16||18-20||22-24|
Please be aware this is a garment for adults, not a sling or carrier in itself and should not be used on babies or young children without an adult wearer. Please note: this year's coat comes in phantom black (black) and black iris (blue). Images of other colours are for illustrative purposes only
|Available Options: |